Friday, April 28, 2006

Down Time

Well, another day of A-pool muster has come and gone. Today there weren't even any announcements. I had a good mile-and-a-half run afterwards. It's really a beautiful day today- clearer and cooler than we've been having. I haven't even had to run the air conditioner. Unusual, perhaps, but I'll take it.

My wife is flying down on Tuesday, so today I went over to the sailing marina to talk to a guy about renting a boat and taking her on her first sailboat ride. I'm going back Monday so I can prove to him that I actually can operate a small sailboat without breaking anything before he will let me rent from there.

Speaking of my wife- Yesterday she bought a piano. She's been wanting one for a long time, and this week she found one on Craigslist, close to where she lives, for under $500. Turns out it was in really good shape. It's also about the smallest piano she's ever seen, which is good, because it will probably travel all over the country. So, it'll be in her living room as soon as we can have it moved and tuned.

I'm glad she found a good piano at a good price because I promised her she'd have a piano before I get an airplane. Now I've just got to start saving my pennies...

No comments: